Stanton windmill is a post mill, one in which the whole of the superstructure, complete with sails and all machinery, turns on top of a single post. The mill dates from 1751 but was moved to its current location around 1818. It has been restored back to its former glory over the last twenty years and is the only windmill in Suffolk regularly producing flour, and one of only a handful of post mills still in working order in the UK.
The mill is privately owned by Dominic and Linda Grixti who bought Mill Farm in 2004. Funding for the mill's upkeep and restoration comes from visitors' entrance fees and sales of souvenirs and flour.
Mill Farm, Upthorpe Road, Stanton, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP31 2AW T: 01359 250622 E: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @stantonmill
Our logo & labels were designed by Paul Barton